Jia Li received the B.E. degree from Tsinghua University in July 2005 and Ph.D. degree from Chinese Academy of Sciences in January 2011, respectively. During 2011 and 2013, he used to serve as a research fellow and visiting assistant professor in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. As an attempt to integrate academic research into industrial products, he worked at Shanda Innovations as a Senior Researcher during July 2011 and September 2012. In June 2014, he joined Beihang University, where he is currently an associate professor in School of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Computer Vision
- Virtual Reality
Selected Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award (最佳论文奖）, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data, 2015
- Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award (北京市优博), Beijing Municipal Education Commission, 2012
- Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award (中科院优博), Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012
- Special Prize of President Scholarship (中科院院长特别奖) , Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011
- Science-Technology Progress Award, First Grade (Rank: 9/11), Ministry of Education, 2010
【Monograph】Visual Saliency Computation: A Machine-Learning PerspectiveSpringer LNCS Series, May, 2014 (240 pages)
Finding the Secret of Image Saliency in the Frequency DomainIEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 2015.
Measuring Visual Surprise Jointly from Intrinsic and Extrinsic Contexts for Image Saliency EstimationInternational Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2016.
Learning Complementary Saliency Priors for Foreground Object Segmentation in Complex ScenesInternational Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2015.
Visual Saliency with Statistical PriorsInternational Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2014.
Probabilistic Multi-Task Learning for Visual Saliency Estimation in VideoInternational Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2010.
Salient Object Detection: A BenchmarkIEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 2015.
Removing Label Ambiguity in Learning-Based Visual Saliency EstimationIEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 2012.
What is and What is not a Salient Object? Learning Salient Object Detector by Ensembling Linear Exemplar RegressorsIEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017.
Detecting Masked Faces in the Wild with LLE-CNNsIEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017.
Semantic Object Segmentation via Detection in Weakly Labeled VideoIEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2015.
A Data-driven Metric for Comprehensive Evaluation of Saliency ModelsInternational Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2015.
Learning Discriminative Subspaces on Random Contrasts for Image Saliency AnalysisIEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS), 2017.
6-DOF Image Localization from Massive Geo-tagged Reference ImagesIEEE Transactions on Multimedia (TMM), 2016.
Multi-Task Rank Learning for Visual Saliency EstimationIEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT), 2011.
Multi-task Rank Learning for Image Quality AssessmentIEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT), 2016.
Structure-adaptive Shape Editing for Man-made ObjectsComputer Graphics Forum (CGF), 2016.
Robust Multiple Cameras Pedestrian Detection with Multi-view Bayesian NetworkPattern Recognition, 2015.
Fast estimation of relative poses for 6-DOF image localizationIEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM), 2015. [Best Paper Award]
Cost-Sensitive Rank Learning from Positive and Unlabeled Data for Visual Saliency EstimationIEEE Signal Processing Letter (SPL), 2010. (Front Cover Article)
- PI: Saliency-guided Segmentation and Semantic Analysis of Foreground Objects, NSFC, 2017-2020 (面上)
- PI: Learning-based Visual Saliency Computation using Latent Correlations, NSFC, 2014-2017 (面上)
- PI: Technologies of *** Intelligence, 863, 2015-2016 (863课题)
- Deputy-PI: Technologies of *** Video Detection, CNCERT/CC, 2015-2016 (互联网应急中心课题)
- Sub-project PI: Data-driven Editing and Generation of Interactable Content, NSFC, 2016-2020 (重点)
Professional Membership & Services
- CCF Technical Committee of Virtual Reality and Visualization, Member
- CCF Technical Committee of Computer Vision, Member
- CCF Member, ACM Member, IEEE Senior Member
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2015 Technical Briefs and Poster Program Assistant
- Technical Program Committee Member of IEEE BigMM 2015-2016, ICVRV 2016, CCPR 2016, IGTA 2016
- Journal Reviewer of TPAMI, IJCV, TIP, TCYB, TNNLS, TCSVT, TMM, TVCJ, etc.
- Ph.D. : Kui Fu (2016), Changqun Xia (2013, co-supervised with Prof. Xiaowu Chen)
- Master: Pengcheng Yuan (2016), Ruizhi Zhang (2016), Lishi Zhang (2015)